Thursday 30 September 2010

A Legend Has Passed

One of Hollywoods greats, Tony Curtis, has passed away aged 85 years old. The Oscar nominated actor had appeared in over 140 films. A sad day indeed for family, friends and his legion of fans. I must admit I was never a huge fan and I have only now discovered that he is the father of Jaime Lee Curtis, but obviously I have heard of the man. Who could not?

Photobucket
Hollywood Heart throb: Tony Curtis

Some of his films included Some Like It Hot with Marilyn Monroe (1959) Spartacus (1960) Goodbye Charlie (1964) and B movie spoof Lobster Man From Mars (1989).
Its strange how a persons death can provoke interest in him/her for surely I will not be the only one who will be checking out Tony Curtis' dvds for what will be in the most part the first time.
Save a barstool for me in that great vineyard in the sky Mr Curtis. At 85 you have run the kind of innings that will be almost impossible foe me. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.