Tuesday 20 September 2011

For The Unlove of Dog

In a country (should that be world?) that loves dogs, I seem to be alone in my dislike of the animals. This is fine of course, it doesn't make me an ogre. Or does it? You see everytime I come out and say that I am not a dog lover (to put it kindly) I feel I have to justify myself in some way. It would be okay if I said I hated rats (beautiful creatures) or sloths but to hate the pooch makes me persona non grata. Its frustrating.
Love your dog, cuddle him/her, take them for walkies and throw sticks for them. Im sure these animals give you immense pleasure and I am truly happy for you, but sorry, I cannot share your obvious joy. To me, dogs are a barking shambles (a description I came up wth many moons ago) and I fnd them miserable beasts that I wish to be a hundred miles from. And this shouldn't make me a pariah. I have no partcular fondness for spiders either but nobody would deny me that dislke.
I am not a seal pup killer, or a barbarian who dines on the blood of innocent virgins. I simply have no love for the dog. Hardly a flogging offence, especially when you consider the poor deal the humble chicken has regarding love for animals. As long as folk have ther chicken nuggets the chickens of this world can peck until the cows come home. Nobody cares.
So please, do not think I am Attila the Hun for not liking Lassie and chums. I can be a good friend too. And I like cats. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.