Thursday 24 November 2011

The Winking Skeever

Photobucket
The Skeever welcomes you

On my travels through the fabulous Skyrim (and I walk everywhere, no fast travel for my Nord) I found myself in the region of Haafingar, where the capital of Skyrim sits on a giant sea arch; the awesomely (and somewhat eerily) named Solitude. I had been looking forward to visiting this town/city ever since I saw it on the northern part of the map, well away from other habitations but the sheer size and goings on in the game kept me away from heading there straight. Skyrim is massive.
Anyway eventually I did get there (after battling a demented fire mage) and boy what a place it is! This could fast become my favourite city, especially when the first thing I encounter within its high walls are a public execution (see vid below), and the second is a tavern or Inn called The Winking Skeever! (A skeever is like a big rat). Brilliant! I want this place as my local and I'll see you there for a few jugs of Dragon's Breath Mead and a rabbit leg.
Just stay clear of the Radiant Raiment clothes shop, unless you fancy your fashion sense being insulted by three snooty sisters. They came mighty close to being turned into the Triple Sister Supreme kebab, served with melted Eidar Cheese courtesy of my Nordic Cold sword!


Send his soul to Svongarde!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.