Monday 21 May 2012

R.I.P. Robin

Robin Gibb passed sunday evening aged 62. His band the Bee Gees sold over 200 million records worldwide, and while I was never a fan in the usual sense of the word (I never owned any of their singles/albums), I did enjoy the more famous songs, which were impossible to ignore due to the fact radio would have been pretty bland without tunes like Staying Alive or Night Fever kicking out.
The Bee Gees crafted some of THE most catchiest songs this side of Heaven and while other popular bands like The Beatles and Queen failed to touch my soul (or even my inner earhole), those Gibb brothers did. Songs by the artists of today age in five minutes, but Bee Gees music are timeless. Check out the brilliant Tragedy video below to see what I mean.

Good night Robin, if you could make me want to disco then you were certainly doing it right.