Thursday 16 August 2012

Mascot Havoc

Photobucket
Wenlock: Why so weird?

Okay there's no real havoc. No running about screaming while unmentionable beasts hunt us down to lock their terrible jaws around saggy throats and rip us from the living. Im simply unwinding after a long old day, and decided in lazy assedness to go with the first title that hit my tired brain, and Mascot Havoc it was. I kinda like it to.
Anyway now that the London Games have been and gone, im noticing that shops still have quite a bit of merchandise on their shelves, left behind like colourful, plush scars. Poor old Wenlock and Mandeville have never looked so desperate with their solitary eye each and hairstyles only a maniac cockatoo would choose, pleading silently from the shelf to give them a home.
And I did too! (See above pic.) I couldn't help it, I hate to see inanimate objects left alone to gather dust and mold; their star now faded and ignored by those who only a week ago were using them to cheer on a nations dreams. Overly dramatic I might be but theirs is the most unkind fate and they look happier now. Nurse!
When Mr Jakes was but a callow youth, I used to think those who collected souvenirs from events like Royal weddings quite mad. In fact in some ways it actually offended me, to know that there was a kind of person in the world who would willingly spend hard earned money on cheap tat. Im happy ive finally climbed onto the tat wagon. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go and feed Wenlock. Nurse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.