Sunday 13 January 2013

Project Kate

Photobucket
In all her glory

"Lifeless," "disappointing," "ordinary," "dull" and "old" are some of the words being hurled at the first official portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge, by artist Paul Emsley. I must admit ive only had a few fleeting glances at the painting and am no art critic but as the old saying goes, I know what I like and I like this painting. Why all the fuss? In my humble opinion Kate Middleton is an average looking young woman who I think Emsley has captured perfectly. Due to Kate's penchant for dressing 'soberly' she looks more like 41 than 31 and 'ordinary' is exactly the word I would use to describe her. (And I no I am not suggesting she dress like Jodie Marsh.)
The British public become far too precious and picky when it comes to the Royal family, especially the younger female ones (remember saint Diana?) almost to the point that speaking of them in anything other than praise is heresy. Its a bit of a nonsense really.
Mr Jakes raises a glass to the artist for capturing the Duchess in all her glory, however plain that glory is. And if next you hear that im in the Tower of London you'll know why.