Friday 8 October 2010

Slipper. Sandal. Noose.

One of my quirky little dislikes are slippers and sandals. I cringe (yes really) whenever I see people wearing them. Weird huh? It must be one of my highest ranking strange dislikes, but its a very real one let me tell you. Its been with me ever since I can remember; Id go into newspaper shops to get mints on the way to school and if I spotted anyone in the shop wearing slippers (which was quite often being it was only 7.30am) I would shrivel my snout up and think 'urgh!'
And I think sandals are even worse. They truly are the devil's footwear, which is ironic really as its Jesus who is famed for sandal wear and I see Satan as more of a cowboy boot fan. Summertime on a beach was 'interesting' for me; watching all kinds of foul sandal designs being paraded by pot bellied men with labradors. Or hippy looking women in plait skirts and pearl bangles.
The simple fact of the matter is, a sandal on her foot can reduce even the worlds most beautiful women into plain old frumps. Katherine Jenkins, Lena Heady, Meryl Streep, Dame Helen Mirren, bombshells all in my eyes but as soon as one of them dips their foot inside a sandal my insatiable desire for them suddenly becomes very sated. Eww ladies (and men) put them away for Heavens sakes! You would look more appealing in saggy tights and a pair of workmen's gumboots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.