Monday 13 June 2011

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere!

Recently my presence on the the interwebz has been restricted to mobile Facebook and Twitter as ive been moving house and boy im glad its a thing you don't do every week! Take a look at the photo of me below (taken in the back of a removals van) to see why. And its not only the lugging of heavy things that is the pain, its the stress of legal documents and paperwork that must get nailed down, along with the 'exercise'.
It truly seems like a never ending task, one which must be concentrated on until the very thread of ones spirit has been almost unravelled. I cant recall another time where I found myself beating my head against the wall of 'officialdom' and red tape as much as this. It was mind boggling. Still is in fact. We have only been here just over a week now and im kidding myself if I think its over.

Photobucket Nurse! Drink!

Food was also an obstacle during this stressful time as we had no oven or fridge for days and had to resort to chip shops and takeaways. Not too much of a problem for yours truly but when you figure in our daughter who only ten months old then you can see where what I mean.
The internet too was a pain in the ass and where as folk of decades past did not have to deal with this, we in the 21st century certainly do and its yet another bauble on the Tree Of Frustation©. We rely on the webby like never before, its turned into a third arm or leg, so I was rather muted when British Telecom informed me that it would take them over a week to change the details of my address, from one place to the other. A week!? I always imagined a few clicks here and there would get me back blogging within a few hours.
Although to be fair, they were true to their word, and this post is evidence of my safe return into the online womb, so thank you BT for that. We are quick to shout unpleasantries from the rooftops when big companies get it wrong, so its reassuring and lovely to know that occasionaly they get it right.
So anyway, am I know ablt to life a glass or six in celebration that all the hard graft is done? Not on your Nelly (whoever she is). There are still companies to be informed of address changes and boxes to be collected and plonked from one place to the other. Simply put, moving house can bring about unpleasant things to the human soul, which can have one damn near to bouts of collapse (both physical and mental)and despair. Oh yes, the despair can be extremely erm...despairing.
Now to get back to those boxes. And shelves. And cables.And laying in the hall, wishing for a tooh fairy to come along and swap collecting teeth for house removals. Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.