Saturday 28 May 2011

One For The Rehab

Gosh why all this fuss over the lovely Amy Winehouse having a shot of vodka before she checks into rehab? Some of the tabloids have even got hold of CCTV footage of Amy in the shop, swigging from a miniture bottle. Are people so desperate for celebrity goosip that this is what they want to see? They must lead desperately sad lives. Or is it the tabloids themselves who are desperate?
Listen, I have been to rehab myself, way back in April 1996, a very exclusive, private one in Lancashire, and let me tell you now that having a few snifters before being admitted is nothing out of the ordinary. Almost everyone in there would have done it.

Photobucket
Me In A Private Rehab Clinic in 1996

Hell, I had to travel over four hours to get to my clinic and in the car (I wasn't driving obviously) I took around 145mg of valium and got through a ton of alcoholic lemonade (Hooch) mixed with vodka. I could hardly stand when I checked in and for days later was so toxic that I threw all my food down the toilet, clogging up the plumbing.
We are drinkers for f**ks sake! Alcohol is our cocoon, our comfort blanket. Does anyone really expect us to enter a detox ward completely sober? To venture into a strange and unknown place without the numbing waves of intoxication? Never. To we who drink more than most, the last drinks before rehab serves two purposes; to calm the nerves and to have 'one for the road', a last kiss with the liquid lover. Okay it seldom is a last kiss for a lot of us, as we like to visit her again on the outside but its a symbolic thing before entering those sanitized, sober doors.
Leave the lovely Ms. Winehouse alone. My God, some folk are the human equivalent of vultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.