Thursday 9 February 2012

Blazing Wet Cage of Fish

I think Nicholas Cage is an average actor. At best. There ive said it. Again. Now this normally wouldn't bother me, hell im free to ignore his movies afterall. But here's the rub; Ghost Rider. I am a huge fan of the comics world and old flaming skull is a big favourite of mine. (Thats one of my Ghost Rider figures in the photo below). Now can you see my grumble? Having Cage play Johnny Blaze for me (block capitals because this is my opinion) is like getting Rowan Atkinson to play BruceWayne/Batman.

Photobucket
Ghost rider in the...living room

And all I thnk is 'urgh!' Some folk say Keanu Reeves is a wooden actor and this may be true but Cage is worse. He has all the presence of a wet fish up there on the screen. Less frightening too. I thought it was hilarious when they cast him as the bad ass in Con Air, especially as he was appearing in a film with real bad assed actors like Danny Trejo and Johm Malkovich. Oh my sides did I LOL!
Some actors make long hair look cool and sexy. Heck long hair IS cool and sexy and yet in Con Air, John Poe looked like the love child of Lurch and Worzel Gummidge. Face it (face~ache?), Nic is no looker.
So now you see my utter disappointment with Ghost Rider.
Johnny Blaze is a young spunky guy for crying out loud. Neither of which can be said of the walking chin that is Cage. So who would the esteemed Dai Jakes pick? Well two straight off the bat are Robert Pattinson (of the vampire thingy), and Ryan Hurst who plays Opie in Sons of Anarchy. Both these guys are streets ahead of 'Knickerless' Nicholas.
Sort it out Hollywood casting types. Do a reboot like whats happening with Spiderman and cast one of these boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.