Tuesday 5 April 2011

Andy 'Creepy' Pandy

Photobucket

In the photo above is Andy Pandy and Looby Loo who together with Teddy starred in a childrens television programme in Britain from 1950 to 1970. And I absolutely loved it! (I was born in 1971 but the show was repeated often due to its popularity.) My mother was fond of telling everyone how I would go into a wild tantrum when it was time for Andy to say goodbye and return to his hamper for the day. (The three dolls lived in a picnic basket). And she used to say that she wished video recorders had been invented in the 1970's so that the programmes could be taped to avoid my stroppy behaviour.
However looking at that photo now as I approach the grand old age of 40, im fairly shocked at how sinister Andy Pandy is looking up there. Had he been rummaging around the old Hammer House of Horror prop cabinet? His eyes are black and soulless like those of Halloween's Michael Myers or a Great White shark, that suicidal smile. And the less said about Looby Loo the better. If Insanity was a doll it would look like Loo.
They both look as if they are hiding knives, ready to kill you once the lights go out. It might not have been a tantrum I was having as a child afterall, I was more likely attempting to flee from the room before Andy could get me!

Check out the theme (itself pretty chilling):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.