Monday 21 March 2011

Ape Force

The original idea behind the Dai Jake's Book was to have a place to think out loud, a place to throw zany ideas at the page to see what would stick. See if any of them had legs kind of thing. This post will be doing just that.
Now I have made no secret of the fact that I dislike dogs, (im more of a pet raccoon type of guy) and I got to wondering what animal we could train to replace working dogs for the police and such. After a few ridiculous (but cool) ideas such as Great White sharks helping the coastguard and using chameleons for stealth gigs I came upon an idea that could actually work; gorillas in the police force and security companies.

Photobucket
Hmm....do I have to wear the uniform?

Dogs might be man's best friend (I disagree) but apes are man's closest living relatives after the chimpanzee and share between 95% to 99% of our DNA, so its the natural choice really. Heck we wouldn't even need huge alterations to uniforms! Im sure gorillas can be trained to a higher standard than dogs. And the pooch can't swing a baton or carry a riot shield.
Are dogs really that frightening? It might just be me of course but if I was a burglar, seeing a Doberman patrolling the grounds wouldn't put me off. Spotting a few gorillas hanging around wearing combat pants and bullet belts most definately would. Think about those badass gorillas that were in Planet of the Apes, the ones in leather jackets. They would be much more effective than the average pooch.
They could even be employed in the prison service as the ultimate riot control squad, even the toughest convict would never be able to take on a 400 pound gorilla. An awesome deterrant force, not only in jails but walking the streets when bars and pubs are closing and the drunken take-on-the-world crowd are out trying to pick fights. Yeah I can see that happening if my idea was a reality!
You the more I think about it, the more great this sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.