Tuesday 1 March 2011

Happy St David's Day

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant hapus I pawb! Happy St David's Day to everyone!
Yes its that day again where I thank the Lord I was born Welsh! I do give daily thanks for this to be honest but today is such a special day. Forget about sex, drugs and rock and roll, today is all about cawl, leeks and cwrw!
As I tap this blog out im sitting in my Welsh rugby jersey and red dragon beanie cap, looking out at the lush green countryside that Cymru is famous for and I feel my heart and soul swelling like cockles in the frying pan.
Puts me in mind of the poem Armes Prydain which was written sometime in the early to mid-tenth century AD. In it the unknown poet says that the Cymry (the Welsh people) will unite and join an alliance of fellow-Celts to crush and repel those foul Anglo-Saxons, under the banner of St David. A lluman glân Dewi a ddyrchafant! (And they will raise the pure banner of Dewi!)
Duw I can feel the stirring in my blood!

Photobucket
Never prouder to be Welsh

All of these make me glad to be alive ~ Owain Glyndwr, Grav, Tom Jones, winning the Grandslam, Barry John, Dafydd Iwan, Felinfoel ale, Grandslam film, Eisteddfods, lovespoons, Ryan a Ronnie, Brecon Beacons, Tenby, Penclawdd cockles, Steven Francis poetry, Swansea market, T Llew Jones, Pembrokeshire, S4C, Laverbread, Max Boyce, Stradey Park, Richard Burton, Haverfordwest, Solva, Pembroke castle, Carew market, Welsh cakes, Calon Lan, and rugby.

I will not hide.
My Welsh race
I will not disgrace.
My Welsh blood
flows hot and true,
my Welsh people
I will stand by you.
Through thick and thin
until the day we die,
our Welsh flag
will fly up high!

I hope everyone is filled to the gills with cawl and cwrw (beer) and is now cwtching up to watch Max Boyce ~ Live In Treorchy....Again on the telly.
Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant pawb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.