Friday 27 April 2012

A New Royal Nipper?

A tabloid newspaper asks today if its time for William and Kate to have babies? Egad! How glad Dai Jakes is at not being a member of the Royal family. To have ones personal affairs probed and put to public polls like some tawdry real life soap opera. (Although to be fair its not only monarchy this obssession with snooping in on private lives is limited to.) The couple have only been married five minutes and already the diaper brigade are revving their woolly bootied engines in anticipation of a new royal sprog. Who will he/she look like? What will he/she be named? Will he/she have grandad Chucks ears? Once one red top paper starts, the others won't be far behind in trying to whip up excitement for the Second Coming HRH. (Or is that Third or Fourth Coming? Theres been so many of the blighters its difficult keeping up.)
As long time readers of this blog will know, Mr Jakes is not what you would call an ardent supporter of the monarchy, and while I acknowledge the Queen has done a fine job, Id be happy to see it come to an end after her reign. Damn, I sailed off course again! Where was I? Oh yes babies. I just hope whatever new ankle biter comes William and Kates way, he/she doesn't have mums stapled smile and dads shall we say, rather fine hair. And I dont mean 'fine' as in 'grand'. In fact I can give you dear readers an exclusive Dai Jake's Book preview of what I think the new royal nipper will look like right now. Behold!

the Jake's royal impression

Not exactly Rolf Harris I know but you get the idea. Bet I will not be that far off either. Toodle pip!

P.S. If next week im writing this blog from the Tower of London, you'll know why.