Tuesday 23 October 2012

Dai Goes Gangnam Style


Im getting too old for this

Rapper Psy has seemingly taken the world by storm with his song Gangnam Style. Excuse me but have I missed something here? Or has the world forgotten to take its pills and gone doolaly mad? Now it might be my age (41 is sooo ancient you see) but I find nothing entertaining about this video whatsoever. Its simply ridiculous. Ive tried watching it and 'getting it' but after a minute I have to turn it off because if I don't I fear my nerves will abandon me completely.
Remember the Crazy Frog back in 2003? I thought that was irritating but goodness me, id willingly adopt the amphibian over Psy and his musical antics. Its like the audio version of waterboarding. I wonder if musicians (and I use the term loosely here, no offense Psy) deliberately set out to write an annoying song? Or is it purely accidental? Questions need to be answered. Perhaps he had the tune rattling around his brain and instead of getting rid of it by putting some Tom Jones on, Psy decided it would be a better idea to infect the entire globe with it. (And make a nice few quid while he was ay it.)
Now obviously I wish the man no ill, and congratulations on the songs success but next time if you get one of these pesky 'ear bugs', please for the love of Stradey Park keep it to yourself!