Tuesday 23 October 2012

To The Sword

Welsh poet/writer Steven Francis speaks candidly about his late mothers final years and the destruction alcoholism brings to families, and how it changes the alcoholic beyond all recognition, until almost all of their true soul is replaced by something which is total opposite of the persons nature. In the poets own words: "I called this video 'To The Sword' because I needed to do just that, get this terribly sad part of my life out and talk about it to perhaps see if talking about it brings a semblence of logic to the mad world of addiction. Im a pretty heavy drinker myself and understand how the cloak of alcohol can turn people into totally different characters but to see Mum go from a sweet, caring, loving lady to this cruel, spiteful ogre of a woman was proof just how far booze can rot a persons mind, body and soul. And alcohol is cunning in many ways because like I say in the video, its even made a little bit of me thankful it turned her bad so that I can deal with losing her. Crazy. So enjoy that drink but always remember, sometimes the path that seems all harmony and honey is actually the trick of the devil and is a very bitter road."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.