Friday 8 July 2011

The Debs Of All Debbies

Photobucket
Retro Princess: Suzanne Snyder

I ♥ the 80's. The videogames, movies, metal music. It felt like we were at the dawn of a new age, and of course we were. Look at the classic games the 1980's spewed from its neon pie hole; Pac Man, Ghosts n' Goblins, Donkey Kong, Paperboy, Gauntlet. I could go on for hours, and that applies to movies too. Most of my favourite movies were made during the 80's including American Ninja, They Live, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Commando.
The decade also brought the beautiful Suzanne Snyder (above) to the silver screen, most famously in Weird Science (1985) and the totally cool and previously mentioned Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988). My heart reached a few new gears, when my teenage eyeballs saw her play the two Debs in those two films.
Ms Snyder is the entire package for me. A typical American Beauty, Miss Heartbreak '85. She hits all the right notes and could make chalk on a blackboard sound good. Cute, pretty, sweet, gorgeous; the leading light in a cave of otherwise horse faced Sarah Jessica Parker lookalikes. (Or should that be stable?)
I f**king ♥ Suzanne Snyder. If I still owned a pencil case I would stencil "I F**king ♥ Suzanne Snyder" all over it. Funnily enough those two movies are the only things I have ever seen her in. I know she has appeared in other films and shows but ive missed them. Perhaps its better this way because time might not have been kind to her. But I can't imagine that, not when I gaze into the photo above like a frothy schoolkid home alone with his first smutty magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.