Tuesday 5 July 2011

Splinters In Yer Fish!

The chip shop wooden fork. An image as recognisable as Big Ben and as familiar as sand castles. If I find a chippy that uses those white plastic types I turn around and walk out again. Its simple; plastic is not in the equation. To me, a wooden fork is more a key than eating utensil. A key which unlocks all the years I have spent, (spent in the flesh but never in my mind).
Also it is the simple pleasures in Life which make Life worth living and we are comfortable in simple mechanics. There is much warmth in homely poses. And the warm glow of my youth comes racing to the surface whenever I use a chippy fork. I feel nimble and giddy once again so behold! The wooden fork that should be golden!

Photobucket
Classic: The Height of Chippy Sophistication

This post is very much in the spirit of the Dai Jakes Book; indeed it is the perfect example of a Jakes piece of writing. Grasp a thought, any thought and bung it on a page. It doesn't have to be deep philosophy or discussions on classic literature. When I first started a Dai Jakes Book back in school, it was my intention to create a sort of 'diary within a diary'. A scrapbook of pictures more than a journal. Things that seem insignificant, until you see them again closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.