Tuesday 9 August 2011

Feeling Waspy, A Love for Wasps

Photobucket
A wise wasp last night

Why do folk run about like meerkats whenever a wasp enters the room? One of the stinging darlings has just flown in through an open window where I peck out these words and he/she is an amazing sight which brings a smile to my often miserable chops. I feel totally safe and have no urge to leap around like a demented baboon trying to open a gerkin jar.
They get a thoroughly bad press and have a reputation of being aggressive and bad tempered but ive seen little evidnce of this. Perhaps its because I remain calm around them, and they only get all stingy on your ass if you run around? It would tick me off too if whenever I showed up, people suddenly went mental. Think of the wasps feelings people!
Also they have the coolest colours, even better than the tiger. Actually thats what they are, flying tigers out for a buzz about before tracking down some sweet sherry. Or perhaps mead. I love them and could never bring myself to treat them like I do flies and swat them all over the shop. No, a wasp has a regal quality about it. Something that ought to be respected and admired, not shunned and stamped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.