Thursday 13 October 2011

100% Wales

Photobucket
Balchder Cymru!

Wales, Cymru fach, my beautiful country of birth is currently making Welsh rugby history after getting into the semi finals of the 2011 Rugby World Cup. We got through the 'pool of death' unscathed, almost beating the South Africans in the process and we beat a fine Irish side last saturday, (who themselves were playing well in the touranment).
So Ireland, Scotland and England are all out but Wales march onward! And this saturday (15/10/11) we face France, Le Bleus, in what is going to be a great semi final game of rugby. I can feel it in my Dragonbones! Can we do it? We are but one game away from being in the final of a rugby world cup, a mere 80 minutes! Can we do it? I am pretty confident that we can. I believe that my beloved Wales can triumph over the French and meet either New Zealand or Australia in the final. In my Welsh heart of hearts I have faith we will do it! Our team is young, fit and hungry. There is a sharpness to the boys that I can see even from thousands of miles away. It was there when Wales won the 2005/2008 Grandslams and its there again out in New Zealand.
There is a wonderful atmosphere in this country at the moment. Everyone is buzzing with excitement and anticipation of what could be should Wales defeat the 'froggies' this weekend. (And when I say froggies, I mean it only as harmless banter, certainly no disrespect is intended).
Wales the fearless! This is how we have played in this tournament, the youth and fitness making us fear nobody and giving us an edge. When you have youth on your side you will always believe that you are undefeatable of course; the young believe they are all immortal and there is danger in this as much as there is strength because it can lead to recklessness, but we have a few experienced boys in the squad and they will provide the needed discipline. We will be victorious!
And if we aren't? Well then its been a fantastic journey that has put the country in great spirits and Wales will have still proved that once again we are a rugby force to be reckoned with.
And I will say it here and now so that I cannot be accused of jumping on the 'I-knew-Wales-would-win-all-along' bandwagon further on down the winning road. We are going to beat France this saturday and make it to the final. And we can win that too. Cymru Am Byth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.