Monday 27 December 2010

1980 Again

I am just settling down with a forty year old whisky for company, to watch The Expendables, a movie I have been waiting to see for a while. Being a massive fan of the 80's action flicks like Rambo and Missing In Action it should suit me down the ground. (Speaking of Missing In Action where the heck is Chuck in this amazing ensemble?)
And boy it sure does!! From the opening shots of red sighted dots aimed right at the idiot terrorist's bonce to dear old Dolph Lundgren's opening salvo, I was hooked. No, not plain hooked, bold letter type hooked. And I don't hang pirates.
Everyone knows what this is; a gang of mostly 1980's action heroes, all joined up to give the baddies a good hiding. And it bluddy works well too! The stars haven't completely fallen apart and the in~jokes (brilliant to 80's movie fans) are totally awesome. Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.