Wednesday 15 December 2010

Santa Claus Is Definately Coming to Town

After 39 years on this often dark and miserable planet I hereby freely admit that I still believe in Father Christmas. Who the hell would want to be the type who didn't believe in the jolly fellow? Only the bitter, curmudgeonly sorts with less imagination than a goldfish, thats who. The boring type who sneer at those who believe in an afterlife and try to mock with blunt words. Pish to them I say, they have earned their place in the kingdom of BORE.
For myself, Santa is quite real. I will be listening out for the sound of bells in the night sky come Christmas eve and tracking him via the wonders of the internet to see where he is. I will become the seven year old boy I used to be and revive the thrill and excitement which used to have me near to bursting in those early years.
The magic can never be lost if one lets go of the adult and embraces the child within each of us. Let go of the supposedly sensible thoughts which grown ups love to use to ruin things and simply BELIEVE!

Photobucket
He is coming to a chimney near YOU

This is made easier if you have children or grandchildren around, get in tune with them, feed off their thrilled spirits. The festive spell will feel so so much better if you do, for both you and your children. Getting lost in the world of Santa Claus, tinsel and flying reindeers is infectious and spreads like a merry flu, which rather than spreading illness, spreads joy and happiness to all.
Trust me, its better than playing the 'grown up' or attempting to bury your head in a Christmas pudding until it all blows over. That sort of attitude attracts nothing but bitterness (even envy) and bring one nothing but foul fogs in the mind. I have to admit to being tempted in this way of thinking myself but mercifully the child in me (who has always been bigger than the man) has always won through and made Christmasses as fabulous and magical as they ought to be.
And now I have become a father to a beautiful daughter, this Christmas is going to be extra EXTRA special. Elwen might be too young to appreciate it this year but she has made my excitement rocket to grand new heights! I am going to indulge as I have never indulged before ~ sing carols, gaze at the lighted tree, pull crackers, leave stockings out and keep an eye on the fireplace. I urge everyone to do the same. Nadolig Llawen ~ Merry Christmas dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.