Wednesday 1 December 2010

Eat Well Friends

I picked up this lottle gem on my interwebz travel: Eat well every day, embrace the pleasures of the table, and treat yourself to the bounty of life. You never know when your last meal will be.
How true! I have often pondered what delights would be on my last table (morbid tick that I am) but after reading that morsel above I am now going to appreciate what I cook and attempt to cook it better. For we do not know when the mighty scythe will cut us down and plant us in eternity.

Photobucket
One I prepared earlier

Okay there are exceptions to all rules and some people know exactly what they will dine on before death. Condemned inmates for example and maybe the terminally ill but most of us leave the breakfast table not knowing if it was our last meal. We are too busy to stop and think; what WILL be on your last plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.